For once, I have valid reasons for the large amount of time in between posts. Early last week I cam down with a little cold. I thought it was on the way out when I left for FL on Friday AM. I was wrong. I felt ok in FL until Sunday when I was just bone tired. I flew home on Monday AM, walked into my house at 11:50am and crawled into bed. I woke up/got up at 2pm sick as a dog. Fever, chills, etc.
Now C started getting my cold before I left as well and did not indicate that he was feeling horrible before I left on Friday. When I called him at lunch time on a layover, I found out he was home sick. My husband does NOT call in sick. Ever. So I knew he was really sick. I hovered between feeling horrible for him and being royally pissed off at him for not telling me how sick he really was. I never would have left!!!! Luckily my parents came to the rescue and picked A up from daycare and took her to the Cape for the weekend. C spent the entire weekend in bed. I really don't know what he would have done had they (or anyone else) not been available to help him. He said he felt so horrible that he was scared to drive to pick her up.
But we are both on the mend finally and still praying that A doesn't come down with it. It's been a long, long week though and I'm still walking around with a box of tissues and peeing myself from coughing. Nice visual, huh?
We had our 18week ultrasound on Tuesday and although we were both (yes, BOTH of us!) tempted to find out the sex of Baby McQ #2, we did not. Honestly, I'm regretting it. I really want to know. But unless we get another u/s for some reason, I guess I lost my chance. The baby looks great and my fluid and cervix look great. They did see a calcium spot on one of the heart valves that they said is a soft marker for Downs. It is not a defect in any way, thankfully. And that coupled with my early screening results still put me well in the normal range so we are not worrying about it.
Well, I broke my new rule by posting about everyday life but I'm not feeling witty enough tonight to post on anything else. We took A to Friendly's tonight as a special treat and she was great. It's nice to be able to take her out and have a normal meal. My stomach is now a mess but oh well.
I'm still waiting on some name ideas (hint hint hint hint). lol
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Clare.
Reagan.
Emma.
Jade.
Caitlin. (that can be shortened, though)
Fiona.
Molly.
Reneesme
Post a Comment