This is my journey to become the vibrant, active mom and wife that I know is in there.

Friday, June 5, 2009

It's been a while . . .

And I really do not have a good excuse other than, I've been really really busy at work and at home. I'm getting a slight reprieve at work today and although I should be off documenting processes and procedures for my maternity leave, I'm procrastinating! This could be a long rambling post catching everyone (the whole 2 people that read this blog semi-regularly. lol) up on what has been happening at the McQ household. You've been warned.

First and foremost . . . CONGRATULATIONS MEGHAN!!!!! My dear friend Meghan had twin girls on May 27 (also my little bro's b-day so a good day!). Welcome to the world Bridget and Emily! Now let mommy get some sleep! hehe

The house is coming along - the contractors finished up on May 22 and C and I have been working on painting and drywall touch up work since then. The half bath is painted and just last night we painted A's room. We are waiting on the plumber to put the sink, vanity, and toilet in but there's really not a huge rush for that. We've been w/o a half bath for 5 years now, we can wait a little longer. Tonight we are going to buy A's new furniture and we can hopefully get her in her room in the next 1-2 weeks. According to my calculations (and my husband may have more stuff that I'm not thinking of) we still need to do the following before that can happen:
  • Sort through the boxes in the middle of A's room and purge/reorganize (this is all our stuff)
  • Prime the linen closet
  • Install the rest of the flooring in linen closet (we ran out when the contractors were doing it - oops)
  • Move remaining stuff from bullet #1 into linen closet
  • Paint trim and doors in bathroom and A's room
  • Paint ceiling in A's room
  • Put trim back up around door in A's room
  • Thoroughly clean the floor in A's room (it's a mess from paint and drywall residue)
  • Thoroughly clean the windows in A's room
  • Install closet fixtures in A's room (this could wait - not essential)
I figure if we divide and conquer, we can get it all done next week. Hopefully. I'm an expert trim painter so I'm sure I'll be busy with that while he is working in the linen closet but we'll see. I will post pics of everything once it's done!

C and his brothers have also ROCKED on the outside work. I cannot thank them enough for all the time and effort they have put in!

On the baby front, all is well. I am 29 weeks (per the above adorable ticker. hehe) and just chugging along. I'm about as big now as I was when I delivered A so I can't wait to see myself in 10 weeks. Right now we are still planning on VBAC but I am booking a tentative C-section for the 41 week mark in case I just don't go into labor on my own. My midwife and I talked about induction but we really don't feel it's in my best interests so we (C and I) decided that we'd let my body go to about 41 weeks before we called it quits. So at my next appointment, I'll be booking it with Dr F for anywhere between Aug 27-31, her schedule permitting. Hopefully we won't need it but it's there if we do.

Tomorrow we are heading to the Cape (after swimming, of course) for my brother's family wedding party. We are doing a clambake at my parents house on Sunday so it should be a good time. I'm looking forward to some quality time with family. Tonight I need to go out and find something to wear!

Weekends are filling up fast between now and the arrival of Baby McQ #2. It's nuts actually! But at least we'll be busy!

Adios for now - I hope to be back next week with some good pics of the house and the party!

1 comments:

Desiree said...

You certainly aren't one to shirk from finding things to do, are you!? My word, you and Meghan just loved doing, doing, doing your whole pregnancy long! I have such acts to follow! (obvs when/if it happens again for me!) I hope you had a great weekend!!!