This is my journey to become the vibrant, active mom and wife that I know is in there.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Decision

I've tried working out at night after the girls go to bed, getting up at 5am, and walking at lunch. I can't stick to any of it. The night thing is a huge challenge because it's 8pm by the time Amelia is down. My little munchkins are up by 6am usually so I'm beat. Getting up at 5am is not something I can stick to because if I had to estimate, we only sleep through the night about 50% of the time. It comes in waves but a bad wave will not only throw me off the exercise wagon, it will drag me behind it clutching for dear life. Walking at lunch does nothing for me because I refuse to get sweaty and have to keep working for 4 hours. If that makes me a primadonna, so be it.

Considering that I'm not overly concerned with the hours I'm putting in a work right now as long as I get my work done, I'm trying a new tactic (once I run it by Chris of course). Three days a week, I will head out to run at 6:30am once I've helped Chris get the kids and himself ready to leave. I'm not sure if it will be M/W/F or T/Th and a weekend morning yet but it will be one of those. I would prefer M/W/F because that give me the weekend to makeup a run if the weather is bad. It takes me about 30min to do Couch to 5K (yet again!!!!) so that puts me back a little after 7am and I'll hop in the shower and not be too late for work. It will require a little planning so that my lunch is ready the night before, etc but it's doable. I like this plan because it doesn't require me to get up early or run in the dark at 8pm.

I ordered a iPod accessory pack today that has an armband so no excuses there. I already have a Couch to 5K app on my iPod. Again, no excuses. Hell, I already have a running playlist from when I was running the treadmill over the winter (RIP treadmill).

So, I'm posting this so you'll check on me on Monday to make sure I did it. I've got to find something I can stick with. If Amelia tells me one more time that my butt is too big for the toilet, I might flush her :)

1 comments:

Jenny said...

Okay Christie, I want to start doing the same thing! Maybe we can hold each other accountable again like we did pre-Kiera and pre-Elyse! Email me and let me know - jtpoche@rtconline.com
Jenny