This is my journey to become the vibrant, active mom and wife that I know is in there.

Monday, December 22, 2008

Another Monday post

Are you sensing a pattern here? lol

T-minus 3 days until the big day. I have 1 batch of cookies baked and 4 more to go. Have I mentioned that these batches are double batches??? oy. My goal was to be at least halfway done baking by the time I went to bed last night but it didn't happen. Why didn't it happen?

1) C was out most of the day yesterday so I only had naptime to bake (I have NO issues with him being out at all, just for the record)
2) BIL and his GF came over for dinner/Xmas with Amelia as they will be in NJ with her family for Xmas
3) Our furnace freaking died at 6pm last night. One minute it was blowing hot air, the next cold air. If I wanted cold air, I'd open the @%^$^@%$# windows!

So, as a result of #2 and #3 above, A was up until almost 9 b/c it was too cold in her room and we didn't know if we needed to go crash at my aunt and uncles' house in the next town. So, no baking last night. But thankfully we have a very responsive repairman who finally got it running enough to get us through the night and he'll be back tonight to replace a part and get us 100% fixed.

Then A was up basically from 2:30-4am with gas. So, we got little sleep. I really need to stay up as late as possible and bake, bake, bake tonight but we'll see how long my body lasts.

Here is a very funny A story (and I apologize to those of you who have heard it already!) C emailed this to me one day last week:

So here is a funny story that I heard this morning from Miss Darlene. This is baby tad. Baby Tad is a fixture in the infant/toddler room. All the kids love it. Mostly the older kids (Amelia, Crystal, Halle, William, Andrew, etc..). Anyway, apparently our daughter is the controller of this toy. If anyone else so much as touches it she sets them straight and makes them realize it is her toy for the controlling and no one else is to touch it. lol If that isn't enough she plays pied piper with it. As soon as she has it in her mind controlling hands all the other kids gather around. She will then start to push the assorted buttons and mesmerize the children with the different songs and overwhelm them with her masterful control of this seemingly innocent toy. Then at her desire (probably when she gets bored of entertaining these pawns) she pushes the right hand button, which you will notice has a musical note on it and a picture of a moon. Yes, you guessed it. It is the "night night" song. When she presses that, all the kids... ALL the kids put their heads down and lay on the floor as if they are going to sleep. If anyone tries to get up before that song completes they feel the wrath. She scorns them with a verbal lashing which will scar these poor children for times beyond their lifetime. (She probably just tells them NO and night night NOW). lol The toy does not get put away until she says it does. Careful not to abuse her power over the children she does give up control of Baby Tad to the teachers upon request... but other children are just not allowed.

I'll try and write again before Christmas but I make no guarantees. If I don't, I hope everyone has a great Christmas (or Hanukkah!)

xoxo

1 comments:

Desiree said...

UGH!! I hope he got the furnace working again! What a hideous time for it to die!! I always want to ask, "Why do they always seem to die in the winter??" Then I realize, BECAUSE THEY'RE ONLY RUN IN THE WINTER, STUPID! :)

I love your Monday updates. xoxoxo!!!!!!!