Christmas. There has to be a way to prepare for Christmas without running around like a chicken with your head cut off. There has to be.
I had such a Xmas "hangover" that i fell asleep on the couch not once but twice on Friday. Thank god A was a good little girl and didn't try to escape. In my defense, I was asleep for all of 30 seconds each time when she would drop something or turn on a loud toy and wake me up. It has seriously taken me all weekend to recover from the week leading up to Christmas (and Christmas itself).
I actually have not left the house in 2 days. I have not even got out of my PJ's today and it's 9:25pm. And I'm ok with it. I just needed a few days to do nothing. We did play a lot of Wii today - mostly MarioKart. I wanted to break out my Guitar Hero that C bought but I knew A would want to play with the guitar so that didn't happen. And I'm just too tired tonight. We un-decorated the Christmas tree so that is done and it's on the curb. I think I"m done with real trees. Artificial is so much easier. If I can find a nice one on After Christmas clearance, I'm sold.
I have 3 official days at work this week and they should all be jam packed. I say "official" b/c year-end is Wed and I have to have December closed by noon on Tuesday. And we are off Thurs-Sunday. I will end up working over the weekend in order to meet that deadline and then I'll take time after the year-end stuff is done. It's the only way I'll get it done.
Anyway, Christmas was good. We spent Xmas Eve at my MIL's and that is hectic but nice. My 5 year old niece was a little off the wall b/c Xmas Eve is also her birthday but I just tried to remember that. Christmas morning/early afternoon was here and my parents came over. Then around 2:30 we headed to my uncle's for my family Christmas with my mom's family. We got A home around 8:30 and put to bed and we were in bed by 8:40. No lie. We were SO tired. A was excellent though and so social with everyone which was awesome b/c she has always been so shy. It was great to watch her. And it's so obvious that Pops (aka Bop aka my Dad) is her favorite. She was his shadow all day. As my mom said to someone (about Bop and C being A's favorites), "Christie and I are waiting for the next one to get our turn." I try not to let it bother me but I blame myself for part of her favoritism. It took me a while to bond with her after she was born and I know that plays a huge part in it. God that make me so sad even 2 years later. Even when she only wants to rock with me lately and have me sing to her. It still makes me sad. Why couldn't I be a better mommy from the start???? OH well, it's nothing I can change now.
That's about it from here. My asscheeks are numb from being a couch potato all day so I'm going to bed. Makes sense right? LOL
OhOhOhOh and Congrats to my BIL, Jim and his FIANCEE Allyson! I knew it was coming but I was sworn to secrecy so congrats guys! Can't wait for the wedding! xoxo
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Don't you dare blame yourself for something like that! Kids bond differently with their parents, there's no right or wrong way as far as you and C were concerned. Besides, little girls love their daddies. DH keeps telling me we need to have a #2 because maybe HE'LL have a shot with that one :) xoxoxo, I'm glad you survived!!!
You stop it. You are a WONDERFUL mama and your precious daughter adores you. xoxoxoxoxo
Post a Comment