Almost a week actually. Lots of things to report. First, I'M PREGNANT!!!!!! And if you know anyone in my family, don't tell them! lol
Second, the kitchen is under way. The subfloor is done, the ceiling is drywalled, and by the end of the day tomorrow, all the walls should be drywalled and the side door/storm door replaced. After that, I'm guessing we need to paint (once the mud is dry and any sanding done), and then the cabinets go in! We could be moving back into our kitchen as early as mid-next week if the granite guy gets out here as quick as he says he will! OMG I will be SO excited!!! What I'm really hoping is that these guys finish with a day or 2 to spare and want to immediately put the wall back up upstairs with their spare time. That would be sweet. It needs to be done so that can be Amelia's big girl room and the baby can have the nursery. I slowly feel the walls closing in around us! I think i'll be sharing the foyer with C again as that is the only place I can see his office going.
Here is a rundown of my weekend this past weekend (please try not the laugh at the horrendousness of it):
Friday:
I woke up sick. My throat was so sore that I couldn't swallow. Supposed to take A to meet Meme and my brother and J for b'fast. L and J are 1 hr late d/t traffic coming out of Logan. By the time they get there, A has had enough and is miserable and I don't even get to eat. Leave there and head down Rt 3 to the Cape. A screams the whole way down. At this point i needed Valium.
I spiked a fever off and on all afternoon and basically laid on the couch and let A do whatever she wanted as long as it's not dangerous. She got bored and pushed all my buttons. Barely make it to bedtime alive. Curled up on couch with 103 fever and stayed there all night.
Saturday:
The fever broke at some point overnight. I was a sweaty mess. Still can't swallow. A woke up at 5am or something horrendous like that. I closed the doors to the hallway and let her roam the upstairs while i laid in bed. This killed an hour. At this point, it was time to go downstairs for b'fast and try not to wake up Meme and Pops.
M & P took her to the beach and I showered. Thank Scooby. I sat on the couch and did nothing. They came home, she napped, I went to CVS to get Tylenol (I was already at my limit for Advil) and picked up a box of pg tests as it occurred to me that AF was due on Friday. Hmmmmm Took test #1. Positive w/i 1 minute. Holy crap!!!!!
Meme and I brought A to the fish market to get dinner and then the playground. Then we went home, did bath and bed and Mama got her lobstah. YUM!!!!! Took another test and positive again! Wow, this is really it!!! Oh and I still felt like carp and couldn't swallow but you can bet your ass that I ate that lobstah.
Sunday:
I woke up at 3am to this horrendous noise that I first thought was A. It wasn't. It was a pack of coyotes right under A's bedroom window and right outside my parent's bedroom window. They are howling, barking, and carrying on. I tried to find my pants in the dark and smashed my forehead on the door jam not once but twice. Yeah, I got an egg from that. At this point the whole house (minus A, thankfully) was up and trying to figure out where the coyotes are. I think they took off when Meme started yelling out the window to them. Totally freaky.
About mid-morning I decided that there is no way I can go to VA and leave C and A home sick and w/o a kitchen. (yes, C was sick with my illness at that point) So I canceled my trip. A and I took off for home after her morning nap and she screamed all the way home. I don't think that I should attempt long car rides right before lunch. She was just miserable. We got home and C and J are still working. Eventually they finished up, went and got Dairy Queen (yum), and J headed out. At that point, I asked C if he wanted to be a dad again b/c he's going to be! He was pretty excited. We showered and headed to Meme and Pops for dinner with L and J and her family. Except now Chris was really sick too. Poor thing was so tired and feeling so crappy that he fell asleep on my parents living room floor.
So that was my weekend. You probably could have cared less about the detail but oh well.
C is still feeling crappy and actually called in sick today and went to the doc who basically said, you are sick, ride it out. He doesn't have a visible infection so he just needs to treat the symptoms until it's out of his body. Oh did I mention that he also woke up on Monday AM with A's Pink Eye from last week? Poor guy can't catch a break. One thing that did concern me is that the doc thinks his thyroid is enlarged. He's having a physical in a few weeks so they are going to add that to his bloodwork. I hope it's nothing. I really hope it's nothing.
So, it looks like this blog will not be a WW blog anymore and more of a life blog until I'm back OP again. I'll try not to bore you :)
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment