This is my journey to become the vibrant, active mom and wife that I know is in there.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Tuesday Update

I rocked OP yesterday. I even got all my f/v's and had a point to spare! Now I have a non-food but WW related dilemma. A and I are heading to the Cape on Friday while the kitchen gets demolished. So, I'll miss my normal Sat WI. Do I try and go to a Cape one that is 1/2 hr+ from the house or just skip this week? I'm afraid to skip this week and slack this weekend, especially b/c I'll be on the Cape with my parents and we tend to splurge. Decisions, decisions. I think I need to try and WI on Saturday so I hope my parents will watch A while I go but I could always take her with me for the ride.

Today was an equally good day so I'm happy about that. We didn't walk after work b/c C took A for an hour+ long walk in the heat today so he was beat. But I was good on the food front.

On a totally non-WW related subject, I just finished reading a story about a horrible, horrible thing that happened around here and it haunts me. 2 innocent girls died b/c of lack of DSS interference and the selfishness of their mother. The way they died just breaks my heart and I bawl when I think about it. I just don't understand why innocent people, particularly kids have to suffer. It's just not fair. I just want to scream and yell and I don't know what else.

I am so tired. This week just blows. We got up this morning to A with her eyes sealed shut. Thank you conjunctuvitis. So I stayed home this morning and C relieved me at lunch so I could go to work. Luckily they didn't make us do an office visit - they just called in some drops for her. So, thankfully now that she is on meds, she can go back to d/c tomorrow and C and I can actually work a full day. So, that little bump in the road compounded by the packing of the kitchen is just putting me over the edge. After A went to bed tonight, I made tomorrow nights dinner and then packed up a few more boxes. We are going to be short on boxes so I need to go get some rubbermaid totes tomorrow. We need to make huge progress tomorrow night b/c I don't want to be up until midnight Thursday night. Plus I need to have A and I packed and ready to go on Thursday night too b/c we will be out of here supa early on Friday AM before demolition starts.

As of last night/today, our fridge is in our living room. Our foyer/sewing room is full of cabinets. We have 2 8' high pantry cabinets in our living room. We have a 20yd dumpster in our driveway. Scooby give me strength. lol

On a good note, I get to see my little brother and J this weekend :) A and I are meeting them for b'fast on Friday and I've already been warned that J will be cranky b/c she is taking the red-eye on Thurs night. hehe. 5 min with A and she'll be fine. Then we are having a gathering on Sunday afternoon at my parents house with pizza. Yum, pizza. I will be able to stay at that gathering about an hour and a half at which point I need to head to the airport for a stupid business trip. My poor husband needs to deal with a rambunctious toddler without a kitchen for 2 days all by himself. Thankfully there is plenty of alcohol in the house.

Enough babbling from me. This is one of my non-WW posts, in case you couldn't tell.

0 comments: