I can't sleep. I'm so stressed and worked up about this travel that I'll be lucky to sleep at all tonight. I think I would be wise to stay away from the nail gun tomorrow. I'm bound to nail my hand to the wall.
So, on top of what I've gotten done this week, C has also rocked. He filled some gaps in the foundation with concrete, leveled and cultivated A's swingset area and put down weed barrier, and fixed/covered a hole in the siding where the old electrical service came in. He's been busting his ass and I know we are both pretty pleased with what we have gotten done. Tomorrow (or today if you look at the clock), we will be pulling down all the baseboard in the living room to put up drywall under it. Then off to lunch!
Since my last post last week, I have not been able to get back to my sewing machine. I did go to Joann's today and get the grosgrain for the quilt but then ended up spending the night as follows:
~7:15-8pm: pick out and order A's Halloween costume with C, plan lunch for tomorrow, talk about other random shit
~8pm-10:30pm: research and book new flights, car, etc. Call Delta to change flight from SLC-SFO. Get moron agent who originally books wrong flight. Find car service to drop me in Providence and pick me up in Boston. Write short blog entry. Cry.
So, I'm hoping to sew Thurs night but if not, C is going to a concert on Friday night with my BIL so I will at least sew then. All night. Until the quilt is done. I'm hoping it doesn't take too long but we shall see. I need to get it done and out before I leave. Ideally I want to get the sham out too but that won't happen. I'd also like to get Des' quilt fixed so if there is a chance I will see her when I'm in VA, I'll have it with me. Des - I know you are reading this so email me and let me know if you are around on 9/15! xoxo
My husband is a saint. He really is. He has not complained once about all this travel and how my simple 4 day trip to SF has stretched into 8 days with 5 flights and 6 cities. Yet I know how exhausting it is to take care of A all alone for 1 or 2 nights, nevermind 8! I'm going to do my best to make sure that the house is stocked with food, diapers, etc before I leave and make some food so he can eat on the go while I'm gone. I'll also make sure the laundry is up to date and the house is fairly clean.
My biggest concern with this whole thing is A. Is it irrational that I fear that she will forget me? I think that is why I can' t sleep. I keep crying b/c it's killing me to know that I will be away from her for so long. I honestly don't know how I will cope. Don't get me wrong, I will miss C like crazy too but honestly it's different with A. C knows where I am and understands. A has no idea where I am and all she knows is that mama isn't there to say goodnight or good morning to her. Oh god, I'm bawling now. I'm SO close to postponing San Francisco and coming home in between trips.
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
She'll be fine! Just think of hte song "Mother and Child Reunion", that's what goes around my head when I travel. C will take excellent care of her, as you know!! You'll have a good time, just make daily calls and everything will be fine :) xoxoxoxo! I KNOW how hard it is!
She won't remember it I promise! You need the visit w/ your brother and I know you know that. I will be sure to check in on The C & Miss A for you! xoxox
Post a Comment