This is my journey to become the vibrant, active mom and wife that I know is in there.

Friday, October 3, 2008

Happy Friday!

I'm in a rambling sort of mood so bear with me during this post because I may jump around a bit. First, LOOK AT AMELIA BELOW!!! hehe Yes, I'm AWing my daughter again. Get over it.

Hmmm . . . what next? Work blows with a capital B. We are being forced to reorganize and it now appears that my new boss is none other than my nemesis. I don't like him, he doesn't like me and he thinks I'm an idiot. Lovely combination, huh? The only good thing is that he's based on Long Island and NEVER comes here (knock on wood). I also heard that the Incentive Comp packages came out and he has mine! Please let me know what I'm getting!

Still no call from the OB but that's fine because C and I had a heart-to-heart the other night (much overdue) and finally got back on the same page again and we will be waiting until after the holidays to try again. At least that is this week's plan because of course, we reserve the right to change our minds at any point in time. But as of right now, we want to get through the holidays and enjoy our daughter and try and get a little bit healthier . . . which leads me into my next paragraph.

I've done it. I've slept downstairs for the past 3 nights and I'll be honest, it's not so bad. But if you asked me at 2:15am this morning, I would have disagreed with you. I woke up to a screaming child and had to haul ass upstairs. But it's all good. Sleeping downstairs has enabled us to get up at 4:45am on Wed and Thurs this week and workout before she gets up. That coupled with mowing the lawn last night has me feeling pretty good right now. We slept in this AM b/c of the 2:15 incident but I'm fine with that. But shhhhh, don't tell my husband that I said any of this ☺.

This weekend is chock full of plans! Tomorrow I will be going to WI and doing the grocery shopping, etc as I usually do on Sat AM. Then Uncle J (my BIL) is coming over to help C put up more fence. C and I are also planning to do a lot of cooking at some point for the week. We are making Taco Bake, Crisp and Creamy Baked Chicken, and my veggie soup. We are trying to make a few things each weekend that can be frozen so mealtime isn't so rushed during the week. Let's see how it goes. On Sunday it is Jake's Christening!! We are also stopping at our friends house so C can bring back their computer and we are test-driving a car. I think the time has come to replace the Altima. So we are looking at an '03 Sonata. Only 2 years newer than my car but it only has 19K miles. So, we'll see how that goes.

Oh and last but not least, I am a SUAF dropout (my WW girls know what I'm talking about). I just don't have the time to devote to it right now so I chose to bow out. I'm still OP but just not blogging about it.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

0 comments: