This is my journey to become the vibrant, active mom and wife that I know is in there.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Are those all for me?

That is exactly what I asked the phlebotomist today. She took 12, yes 12, vials of blood from me. I saw my midwife for my f/u today and she wants to run tests for Thrombophilia to see if that is why I'm having trouble with pregnancies. If it is, great, we can treat it. If it isn't, we can rule it out. I have mixed feelings on it. On one hand, I'd love to have a "reason" but on the other hand, do I need another complication? Either way, it is what it is and I won't know the results for a few weeks anyway.

I'm banging into work tomorrow (shhh, don't tell anyone). Actually, I already told my boss (who happens to be my mom) that I am sick tomorrow. She's fine with it. I love her. I'm going to hit the bank to do the August banking, go to BJ's and do a huge stock-up run, go to the library, and meet a friend for lunch who is in town from VA. We grew up together and don't get to see each other often. After that, I'm laying on the couch or in the pool. Whichever the weather dictates.

I think A and I will end up on the Cape this weekend with my mom. Given what is going on with SIL, I don't think we'll be having the joint b-day party this weekend for MIL and BIL. So, I'm hitting the road to give moral support to my mom and give C a weekend to himself. Anyone who knows my aunt knows why my mom needs moral support. Cuckoo-cuckoo. I love her but she's nuts. Anyway, the big question is when to go - Friday afternoon and pray I get down there before dinner (aka Tantrums R Us) or Sat AM. I think I'm leaning towards Sat AM so I can go to my meeting and then hit the road (not to mention have reinforcements for dinner time - hehe.)

That is all folks. Tonight is pizza night, budget night, and I'll squeeze some WiiFit in there somewhere. I need a vacation.

0 comments: