This is my journey to become the vibrant, active mom and wife that I know is in there.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

The close of another weekend

Time is just flying by way too fast lately. Here it is Sunday night again. Some days I just want to freeze time and others, I want it to fly by! It was definitely a family weekend.

Friday night I did some major sewing and C watched some horror/suspense flick. On Saturday I went to WI and got my hair chopped. Yes, chopped. Well chopped for me. It's pretty short right now and the fact that my husband has not commented on it means he hates it. That's the good thing about hair . . . it grows back. Saturday afternoon, C went with is brother and his brother's GF to a cookout at an old high school buddy's house near us. So A and I got some quality mom/baby girl time. That is always good. We played for a while and went grocery shopping.

On Saturday night we ate taquitos and ice cream and watch The Nanny Diaries (C's choice - he's good like that). That movie got to me. It was all about neglectful parents and there was one scene (if you haven't seen it, stop reading b/c I will spoil it) where the nanny was involuntarily leaving and the little boy was running after the car screaming. I lost it. I absolutely lost it. I was so upset the whole rest of the night. I came so close to picking A up out of her crib and cuddling with her all night in the glider. I just don't understand how people can treat their children the way they do sometimes. And I know it was a movie but I also know that people like that really exist.

Today we did a family lunch at DQ and then had a visit from our friend Heather and her son. It's been a long time since we've had a chance to catch-up so that was really nice. It's amazing how big the kids have gotten!

I just finished putting more touches on the twin size quilt that I'm making for a friend. Honestly, I'm not the least bit happy with the way it's turning out. It's just not even close to my vision and given the issues that I'm having with maneuvering it around the machine, I can't add too much more. I really, really hope she likes it.

I have no desire to workout or count points this week but i know i have to. I just need to force myself to. ugh. C and I need to do get serious for A and for ourselves. So much improves when we are both lighter and it just needs to happen.

0 comments: