This is my journey to become the vibrant, active mom and wife that I know is in there.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Update on Jacob

I apologize for not updating since Friday AM - I was on the Cape all weekend with limited (aka only when my brother was not on his laptop b/c I didn't bring mine (shocker, I know)) access to the Interwebs.

So . . . Jacob is doing remarkably better since he was transferred to Boston on Friday AM. As of Saturday, he had a feeding tube, chest tube, and breathing tube BUT the hole was almost closed. On Monday they will try and clamp off the chest tube to see if he's still getting air in his chest cavity and if not, they think he will be home by the end of the week!! They are very positive that the tests that they are running Monday will show that he's on the mend.

I cannot thank everyone enough for their good thoughts and prayers. Most of you know that I'm not a religious person at all but even I pray every now and then so thank you from the bottom of my (and DH's whole family) heart. DH just got a text from his brother with a pic of my SIL and Jacob that he took today. She finally was able to hold her baby boy again. It brought tears to my eyes.

My little (and only) brother was in town this weekend for a wedding so that is why A and I headed to the Cape. I'll leave you with a few pics :)

"Mowing" the patio with bubbles

Building with Pops is so much fun!

A with her Pops on the beach

0 comments: