This is my journey to become the vibrant, active mom and wife that I know is in there.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

One more day, one more day . . .

Until vacation. I think. I say I think because I really think I'm going to have to do some work next week. It sucks but it is what it is. I'm going to bust my ass tomorrow to do as much as possible and have minimal to do next week.

Aside from being like a one armed paper hanger at work, I've been working pretty much every night this week (except Monday) on a twin size quilt. One thing is for sure, if I ever do this size quilt again, it will be in 4 or 6 pieces that get put together after. It's just too hard to maneuver the fabric around. That should be done next week and it will be a HUGE weight off. This person has been waiting SO patiently and I feel so horrible that it has taken me so long to get it done. I still need to do a sham for her but that is child's play after this. Here is that quilt so far:

Then I need to fix Des' son's blanket that fell apart after washing. That one just pizzes me off like you would not believe. I don't make my stuff half-assed! It shouldn't fall apart. But alas, it did and I will gladly fix it and get it back to her as soon as possible! This is her blanket:

That's it from The Ham. We are Cape-bound tomorrow night so don't expect much from me until early next week! Beach, here I come!!! xoxo and have a safe and happy Labor Day weekend!

1 comments:

Desiree said...

The butterfly quilt looks great!! And don't you fret, we're in no rush to get A's blanket back, whenever you have the time! We're still in AC weather down here :) Have a great weekend! xoxo!